FreeBSD Port: amule-10275

Paolo Bormida pbormida at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 20:38:05 UTC 2010

No, never looked at wxgtk28 port and I understand it would be non trivial to
split it. Building it as part of amule would be better.

But I am not here to ask you to do that, just suggesting what might be
useful to people wishing to use amule on servers. On the other hand it is
true that compiling with X11 and not to use it isnt dangerous nor
exceedingly troublesome, just boring and a waste of disk space (and might
mess packages db a little).

Doing this might be a nice feature of the port for future releases. Or maybe
making another port, like "amuled" or amule-core" that builds just wxbase
and amuled+amulecmd.

If I ever can afford the time I might try doing that after reading the
porter handbook far more deeply that what I have done up to now...

Thanx for your time.

Paolo