update bacula-server 5.0.2 -> 5.0.3, Undefined symbol "ASN1_INTEGER_it

olli hauer ohauer at gmx.de
Tue Sep 21 19:46:10 UTC 2010

On 2010-09-21 02:24, Wesley Shields wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 07:39:58PM +0200, olli hauer wrote:
>> On 2010-09-19 08:20, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
>>> FreeBSD 7.3-STABLE #0: Tue Sep  7 22:46:59 CEST 2010
>>> peo at candyman.i.inter-sonic.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>>>
>>> Portupgrade of bacula-server 5.0.2 -> 5.0.3
>>>
>>> Starting bacula_fd.
>>> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libbac.so.5: Undefined symbol
>>> "ASN1_INTEGER_it"
>>> Starting bacula_sd.
>>> Starting bacula_dir.
>>>
>>> If one deselects "OPENSSL" and recompile bacula-fd will start without
>>> complaints.
>>>
>>> Is this a known issue with 5.0.3?
>>
>> No, can you provide me some more details.
>>
>> First make sure if you have both bacula-server and bacula-client installed
>> on the same machine both are build with(out) ssl support.
>>
>> Both ports install libs with the same name to the same place, but if the
>> client is build/installed first "with SSL support", and then the server
>> without SSL support you can see exact the described issue.
>
> Shouldn't the two ports register CONFLICTS then, thus making it
> (normally) impossible for both to be installed on the same host?
>
> -- WXS

At the moment I'm thinking about to install the client part within the
server part as one port and mark bacula-client/bacula-server as conflict.

Until now all my backup servers from different vendors doing the same
and I see no reason to not backup the backup-server.

However this will only solve the shared lib problem in those two ports
and there are some other slaves.

For the SSL thing a nice way would be a shared option like a electrical
cross switch for such ports, on/off for all master/slaves not independent.

Maybe Dan (the maintainer) has some additional thoughts, so I set him on CC.

--
olli