x11/kdelibs4 build fails, can't find docbook

Janos Dohanics web at 3dresearch.com
Tue Sep 21 09:59:53 UTC 2010

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:05:12 -0700
Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd at jdc.parodius.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 06:49:21PM -0700, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 06:20:09PM -0400, Janos Dohanics wrote:

> > > I have not made any change like that.

> > > Thank you...
> > >
> > > # make -V UNZIP_CMD
> > > /usr/local/bin/unzip
> > > # make -V EXTRACT_CMD
> > > /usr/local/bin/unzip
> > > # which unzip
> > > /usr/bin/unzip

> > > You are right, docbook-4.2 was not installed; I have installed it
> > > now. However, kde4 is still gets stuck with the "reinstall
> > > textproc/docbook-xml" message (portversion says docbook-xml-4.2_1
> > > is installed, but the files aren't installed
> > > in /usr/local/share/xml/docbook/4.2/).
> > >
> > > I guess my problem is that while both UNZIP_CMD and EXTRACT_CMD
> > > point to /usr/local/bin/unzip, the docbook-xml-4.2_1 port still
> > > uses /usr/bin/unzip.
> > >
> > > How can I fix this?
> >
> > Where did /usr/bin/unzip come from?  This program isn't part of the
> > base system on FreeBSD, nor is it on any system I have access to.
> > I realise you're complaining that the port finds /usr/bin/unzip
> > instead of /usr/local/bin/unzip, but your "which" command above
> > indicates you actually have something in /usr/bin that shouldn't be
> > there.
>
> I do see /usr/src/usr.bin/unzip on all RELENG_8 systems I have access
> to, and I do see mention of this in CVS:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/usr.bin/unzip/Makefile
>
> But there's no unzip build target in /usr/src/usr.bin/Makefile.
> Here's the most recent commit that would be RELENG_8 and RELENG_8_1:
>
> RELENG_8   --
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/usr.bin/Makefile#rev1.324.2.3
> RELENG_8_1 --
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/usr.bin/Makefile#rev1.324.2.3.2.1
>
> If you view the content or annotations for these, you won't find any
> mention of unzip in the targets (SUBDIR) list.
>
> On the other hand, HEAD/CURRENT do indicate unzip is a target.  Are
> you running HEAD/CURRENT?

I don't know where did /usr/bin/unzip come from - I first installed
this machine in January of 2010 using 8.0-RELEASE (?). I have rebuilt
it since to 8.1-PRERELEASE (amd64).

This machine was used for some Django application development - I will
ask my developer if he had installed something...

>From what you say I gather that I could simlink /usr/bin/unzip
to /usr/local/bin/unzip - thank you for your help...

--
Janos Dohanics
<web at 3dresearch.com>