ptlib build failure - breaks pwlib - hence also asterisk!

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Sat Sep 18 09:28:35 UTC 2010

> On Sat, 18 Sep 2010, David Southwell wrote:
> > /usr/ports/devel/pwlib/work/ptlib_v1_12_0/lib/obj_d/pssl.o
> > ../../ptclib/pssl.cxx: In constructor 'PSSLContext::PSSLContext(const
> > void*, PINDEX)':
> > ../../ptclib/pssl.cxx:917: error: invalid conversion from 'const
> > SSL_METHOD*' to 'SSL_METHOD*'
> > gmake[3]: ***
> > [/usr/ports/devel/pwlib/work/ptlib_v1_12_0/lib/obj_d/pssl.o] Error 1
>
> I'm having this error too. My guess is that is that pwlib has problems
> with the OpenSSL version in the ports. I've had similar problems with
> other ports in the past.
>
> Regards,
> Marco

That makes sense. The problem is this also breaks asterisk which depends upon
pwlib!!
I have also tried building ptlib26 but get the same failures.
I have cc'd this to the maintainer<lihong at ieee.org>

David

Photographic Artist
Permanent Installations & Design
Creative Imagery and Advanced Digital Techniques
High Dynamic Range Photography & Official Portraiture
Combined darkroom & digital creations
& Systems Adminstrator for the vizion2000.net network