editors/vim installs to /

David DEMELIER demelier.david at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 19:21:48 UTC 2010

2010/9/17 jhell <jhell at dataix.net>:

> After a force upgrade of vim that had failed unfortunately not
> registering the files it installed already I found out that it is
> installing to / ~!!!!! ugh.
>
> Why is ${PREFIX} being used and not ${LOCALBASE} ???
>
> --
>
>  jhell,v

No,

${PREFIX} is the good variable to specify the installation directory,
of course if you set this the port will probably install its files in
the user-defined ${PREFIX}.

I'm writing the rewrite of the port to update vim to 7.3 and with a
real OPTIONS framework and remove the stupid WITH_VIM_OPTIONS KNOB
that doesn't work. The problem is that David doesn't like clean things
and I think he won't commit it because it won't be enough complicated.

With kind regards,

--
Demelier David