[legal] port with restrictive license

Marcin Cieslak saper at saper.info
Thu Sep 16 16:00:06 UTC 2010

Dnia 11.09.2010 Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru> napisał/a:
> software authors kindly agreed to remove revocation term (which worried
> be the most), however other terms are in question. Could someone review
> that license and say whether that's ok in ports, whether distfile
> mirroring is OK and whether we should modify it to make user download
> file for himself (like with java)?

Looks scary, but there no limitations for redistribution, even
limited derivative work (if one constitues patches in the FreeBSD port
as such) is allowed.

Java says you can't redistribute it (i.e. files) so we can't mirror them.

Ports can also contain a fully proprietary, closed-source software, so
I guess you are ok with it.

//Marcin (speaking only for myself and in no means legal advice)