www/openx vuln

Ruslan Mahmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Thu Sep 16 15:21:33 UTC 2010

16.09.2010 17:59, Dan Langille пишет:

> On Thu, September 16, 2010 1:09 am, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov wrote:
>> 16.09.2010 05:45, Dan Langille пишет:
>>> This came in last night: http://blog.openx.org/09/security-update/
>>>
>>> Port needs to be upgraded to 2.8.8 and a vuln entry created.... Sorry,
>>> bags not me.
>>>

>> Until update is not come up, user can apply this workaround:
>>
>> echo "RemoveType .php">  www/images/.htaccess
>
> Do you have a reference for this fix? A URL we can refer people to?

Not really, but i read there (originally in Russian):

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=0&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.opennet.ru%2Fopennews%2Fart.shtml%3Fnum%3D27971

that vulnerable plugin allows to attacker upload php-file into images
dir and that disabling handling php in that directory via RemoveHandler
or RemoveType successfully closes the bug.

--
Regards,
Ruslan