devel/autotools267 and UPDATING

Barbara barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it
Wed Sep 15 23:30:40 UTC 2010

I've just run portupgrade -ap, after getting the new autotools and reading
UPDATING.
>From what I can understand, as it's not a version bump but a new port (I
realized it too late...). So maybe I should have used something like:
# portupgrade  -o devel/autoconf267 autoconf262
Am I wrong? If not, maybe a note in UPDATING should be needed.

Now I have:
$ pkg_info -Ix autoconf-2.6
autoconf-2.62       Automatically configure source code on many Un*x
platforms
autoconf-2.67       Automatically configure source code on many Un*x
platforms

And about the dependencies:
$ pkg_info -Rx autoconf-2.67
Information for autoconf-2.67:

$ pkg_info -Rx autoconf-2.62
Information for autoconf-2.62:

Required by:
automake-1.10.3
automake-1.11.1
automake-1.4.6_6
automake-1.5_6,1
automake-1.6.3_2
automake-1.7.9_3
automake-1.8.5_4
automake-1.9.6_4
autotools-20100915

So it seems that all the rebuilt ports depends on autoconf-2.62 and so I don't
know anymore which were the ports bumped for the dependency with the new
version to rebuild it after removing autoconf-2.62.

Barbara