[ports/net/isc-dhcp*] Don't stop DHCP related daemons

Norikatsu Shigemura nork at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 15 22:50:21 UTC 2010

Hi.

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:31:51 -0700
Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >> I can think of at least one more scenario off the top of my head. You
> >> want to run the new version of the service the next time the box is
> >> restarted for whatever reason, but the update is not so critical that it
> >> justifies restarting the system immediately.
> > Do 'you' (generic) -really- want to do this?
> Once again, it's an area where the intelligence of the admin is expected
> to be applied. :)  If you're thinking in terms of one machine, you're
> right, this probably isn't a good idea. However if you're thinking of a
> server farm with 1,000's of identical systems, a good QA process (so
> it's a known-good change), and monitoring in place to detect a failed
> reboot and take that box out of the pool; not only is what I described
> reasonable, it's commonplace.

	I agree.

	And to disable '@unexec %D/etc/rc.d/isc-dhcpd forcestop', I wrote
	/etc/rc.conf.d/dhcpd in my machines like following:
stop_precmd="nothing_to_do"
nothing_to_do () {
	[ x"${rc_force}" = x"yes" ] && exit 1
}