what next for the pkg_install rewrite

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Thu Sep 2 09:53:50 UTC 2010

On 2 September 2010 09:34, David Forsythe <dforsyth at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Eh, why didn't this thread spring up before summer of code got under
> way (or during the many weeks it was running)?

Yes, that would have been beneficial. For what it's worth, I've been
trying to start it without success for years :)

As for your other questions, I think you should read
http://wiki.freebsd.org/Pkg_install2_specs - most of them will be
answered there (also follow the wiki links).

> The repository format is something that you guys didn't really touch
> on that I think could use some fixing, but I'll wait to see where this
> all goes and maybe throw some ideas on a wiki page later on.

Repository format as in "ftp server layout" or something else?