Portmaster 3.1 upgrade

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 18:20:29 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Alexandre <axelbsd at ymail.com> wrote:
> I read in /usr/ports/UPGRADING the instructions to properly upgrade
> PORTMASTER 3.1.
> It is written to do :
>
> # pkg_delete -f portmaster*
>
> # cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster && make clean && make install clean
>
> But when I type the first one, I got the message :
> pkg_delete: No match.

The command shown in UPDATING is wrong.

The correct command is:  pkg_delete -xf portmaster

-x does name globbing internally to pkg_delete, and should be used
over any shell globbing (like *).

However, a more correct/safe command to use would be:  pkg_delete -xif
portmaster

-x to pick up all versions of portmaster listed in /var/db/pkg/
-i to ask the user to confirm each version to be deleted
-f to force the delete, even if other apps depend on it

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com