New tools for committers and maintainers

Wesley Shields wxs at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 19 18:43:28 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 08:41:28PM +0200, Emanuel Haupt wrote:
> Wesley Shields <wxs at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 08:12:23PM +0300, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >

> > > A new tool was just committed to ports, ports-mgmt/distilator.
> > > It will check for you each of the MASTER_SITES of the port you call
> > > it with.
> >
> > The link I was given when ehaupt@ ran it included URLs in pkg-descr
> > too. It even found some of those that were no longer valid for me.
>
> ports-mgmt/distilator can do that too. It's basically code extracted
> from the version that creates the distilator report [1] and put into a
> library.

Thanks! I didn't mean to imply that distilator could not do that. I just
wanted to point out that it does more than just MASTER_SITE checking. In
any case, thank you again for making it. It will be quite useful in
cleaning up the little things that can go stale over time.

-- WXS