daemontools port options

RW rwmaillists at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 17 16:43:33 UTC 2010

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 10:31:07 -0400
Jerry <freebsd-ports.user at seibercom.net> wrote:

> I was wondering if there is any strategic advantage to using the
> "S_EARLY" option as opposed to the default setting.

You can set that if you need the daemons started by supervise to start
earlier. The best know example of this is djbdns dnscache which would
otherwise start-up after ntpd etc (although that's simple to
workaround with a second nameserver in resolv.conf).

> Also, if I have a
> program(s) that are routinely restarted via "USR1", such as clamav,
> should I activate the "SIGQ12" option? I am not even sure exactly what
> support it enables.

See svc(8), the patch adds some additional signals to those already
supported.