daemontools port options

Jerry freebsd-ports.user at seibercom.net
Sun Oct 17 14:31:11 UTC 2010

The "sysutils/daemontools" port has a few options for the port. The
three I have a question about are listed below along with their default
settings:

S_EARLY  "Start early, before the normal daemons" off
S_NORMAL "Start normally in the usual boot sequence" on
SIGQ12   "Add svc support for QUIT, USR1, and USR2 signals" off

I was wondering if there is any strategic advantage to using the
"S_EARLY" option as opposed to the default setting. Also, if I have a
program(s) that are routinely restarted via "USR1", such as clamav,
should I activate the "SIGQ12" option? I am not even sure exactly what
support it enables.

--
Jerry ✌
FreeBSD-Ports.user at seibercom.net