No-op port updates

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 16 16:47:57 UTC 2010

On 10/16/2010 8:30 AM, Rob Farmer wrote:
> What is the best practice for no-op port updates - i.e. version 1.0
> and 1.1 produce identical FreeBSD packages but they might be different
> on Linux/elsewhere? Update to have to port appear "current" or avoid
> forcing people to do unnecessary updates?

When faced with similar situations in the past I have chosen not to
update, until the whinging became too extreme. :)  This is one of those
where there is no "right" answer.

FWIW,

Doug

--

Breadth of IT experience, and    |   Nothin' ever doesn't change,
depth of knowledge in the DNS.   |   but nothin' changes much.