editors/vim installs to /

David O'Brien obrien at freebsd.org
Sat Oct 2 06:33:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 11:02:01PM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 05:38:21PM -0700, Rob Farmer wrote:
> > However, I still think it would benefit everyone if the maintainer
> > could provide an explanation for some of the current behavior and
> > would at least be open to discussion about changing it.  The biggest
> > problem here, IMHO, is not the OPTIONS issue, but rather the use of
> > GTK 1 as the default.
>
> I have commented on GTK2 (explained) in the past.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I don't find the Vim gtk2 icons near as
intuitive as the gtk1 ones.

And I really take the mswin'ifcation of UNIX (gtk2 refers to "folder",
where gtk1 calls the things "directory")

And most of all I totally cannot stand the GNOME dumbass reversal of
umpteen years of UNIX ordering of [OK] vs. [Cancel] boxes.

The GNOME folks have now created major inconstancy in the ordering of the
various applications I run depending on if it is a basic Motif, KDE, or
GNOME toolkit consumer.  The ordering inconstancy has caused my muscle
memory to choose the wrong thing (loosing data).

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)