Ports - installation & upgrade history

Ade Lovett ade at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 30 21:25:05 UTC 2010

On Nov 30, 2010, at 13:39 , Doug Barton wrote:
> ports-mgmt/portmaster has the capability to log this information for you. Look in the man page in the ENVIRONMENT section for more information.

All we need now is for portmaster to go into src/ next to the pkg_* tools (a development version can obviously be kept in ports, and handled in the same way base-vs-ports openssl (ok, bad example :) and bind, purge portupgrade from existence, and a blitz pushing the use of portmaster as the _supported_ method of upgrading stuff for those without far too much ports infrastructure information in their heads.

-aDe