ImageMagick upgrade problem

Sahil Tandon sahil at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 23 23:05:44 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 13:19:49 -0800, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> Just 'make PERL_THREADED=true' is probably easier, but the port is
> clearly broken. The logic is very oddly set out, but it relies on the
> value of PERL_THREADED which neither the Makefile nor any of the .Mk
> files defines. I assume that there was supposed to be some test of
> whether perl supports threading that never quite made it.

Yes, the port needs to check whether Perl is installed with threads and
accordingly define PERL_THREADED.  This is also being discussed on
cvs-ports[1] and hopefully a fix will soon be committed.

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-ports/2010-November/206982.html

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil at FreeBSD.org>