FreeBSD Port: vlc-1.1.5,3

Marco Alberoni m.alberoni at cineca.it
Fri Nov 19 09:36:13 UTC 2010

Hello, in my opinion there are some problems trying to compile
vlc-1.1.5,3 on a FreeBSD 7.3 system:

inhibit/xscreensaver.c:55: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list
before 'posix_spawn_file_actions_t'
inhibit/xscreensaver.c: In function 'Activate':
inhibit/xscreensaver.c:91: error: implicit declaration of function
'posix_spawn_file_actions_init'
inhibit/xscreensaver.c:91: error: 'vlc_inhibit_sys_t' has no member
named 'actions'
inhibit/xscreensaver.c:94: error: implicit declaration of function
'posix_spawn_file_actions_adddup2'
inhibit/xscreensaver.c:94: error: 'vlc_inhibit_sys_t' has no member
named 'actions'
inhibit/xscreensaver.c:95: error: 'vlc_inhibit_sys_t' has no member
named 'actions'
inhibit/xscreensaver.c:96: error: implicit declaration of function
'posix_spawn_file_actions_addclose'
inhibit/xscreensaver.c:96: error: 'vlc_inhibit_sys_t' has no member
named 'actions'
inhibit/xscreensaver.c:98: error: 'vlc_inhibit_sys_t' has no member
named 'nullfd'
inhibit/xscreensaver.c:101: error: implicit declaration of function
'posix_spawnattr_init'
inhibit/xscreensaver.c:101: error: 'vlc_inhibit_sys_t' has no member
named 'attr'
inhibit/xscreensaver.c:103: error: implicit declaration of function
'posix_spawnattr_setsigmask'
inhibit/xscreensaver.c:103: error: 'vlc_inhibit_sys_t' has no member
named 'attr'
[...]

It seems the patches made by
extra-patch-modules__misc__inhibit__xscreensaver.c are not enough to
make that module compilable without spawn.h and its functions/definitions.

Thanks for your work, and if you think I can help you in some way (even
if I'm not a "strong" C programmer at all!) please tell me!

--
                 Marco Alberoni