Interactive tool for installing packages

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Wed Nov 10 08:40:31 UTC 2010

Marin Atanasov Nikolov <dnaeon at gmail.com> wrote:

> in order to install the program, you need to:
>
> # git clone git://git.unix-heaven.org/public/pkg_add_it
> Surely, there's room for improvement, but that's a start.. :)

Dunno about anyone else, but from my standpoint it would be a _big_
improvement to provide a more recent snapshot than the 6-month-old
pkg_add_it-1.2.tar.gz on ftp.freebsd.org so one doesn't have to
install git, with its boatload of dependencies*, to see the recent
improvements.

* The amount of stuff downloaded by
    cd /usr/ports/devel/git ; make fetch-recursive
  is, shall we say, impressive.