Port request

Jerry freebsd-ports.user at seibercom.net
Wed May 26 20:24:23 UTC 2010

On Thu, 27 May 2010 05:56:11 +1000
Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy at acm.org> articulated:

> >There's one tool which I would like to see brought into the Ports
> >system and that's Network Manager
> >(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/NetworkManager)
> >
> >It's the only networking tool I've found so far which will properly
> >handle my Novatel mobile modem and I would really like to be able to
> >make use of the modem while running FreeBSD.
>
> That makes you the first person I've run into with anything positive
> to say about NetworkMangler.

I inquired about it a month or so ago. Other posters replied favorable
regarding it. However, since there is a dearth of drivers for any of the
newer chip sets that support the 'N' wireless protocol, it might well
be of limited usefulness.

--
Jerry
FreeBSD-Ports.user at seibercom.net

XML is a giant step in no direction at all.

	Erik Naggum