Port Request: TrueCrypt - Free Open-Source Disk Encryption Software

Wesley Shields wxs at atarininja.org
Mon May 24 12:38:00 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 08:51:17PM +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2010-May-18 22:15:57 -0700, James Burns <draconian.burns at gmail.com> wrote:
> >I would like to request a port of TrueCrypt.  TrueCrypt 6.3a was the
> >last stable version.  The official website url is
> >http://www.truecrypt.org/
>
> FreeBSD ports are a volunteer effort.  Currently there is no port
> for TrueCrypt.  I would suggest that if you want TrueCrypt, you
> look at porting it yourself.  You can find information on creating
> a port at
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/index.html

I believe one was attempted in the past but it ran into some problems
before going silent. I believe the person doing the work was miwi at . It
may be prudent to contact him to see if you can get a copy of his work
so you can pick up where he left off. It may also be prudent to search
the archives of this list to see any previous discussions about this.

-- WXS