portmaster cannot find package

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 24 01:15:11 UTC 2010

On Fri, 21 May 2010, Eitan Adler wrote:

>> Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely consider that for the next
>> version. I already have problems with the documentation being long and
>> detailed, whether it is too much of either is sort of in the eye of the
>> beholder. :)
>
> Detailed documentation is almost never a problem....

It is when it becomes so long and/or complex that no one reads it. If
you look in the current man page there is a "quick start" reference that
was added because a couple of FreeBSD committers complained that they
didn't have time to read the man page thoroughly in order to get started
with it quickly.

 			-- Pablo Picasso