new upstream tracker (linuxtesting.org)

Andrey Ponomarenko susanin at ispras.ru
Sat May 22 13:14:33 UTC 2010

On 05/22/2010 04:30 PM, Kostik Belousov wrote:
> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 03:54:20PM +0400, Andrey Ponomarenko wrote:
>
>> Hello, I'm from ISPRAS and we have created an experimental system for
>> monitoring and analyzing of upstream libraries development. It may be
>> helpful for analyzing risks of updating one of the distribution
>> components (shared libraries). The web page of upstream-tracker is:
>> http://linuxtesting.org/upstream-tracker/
>> It now includes ABI changes analysis and API shallow test results for
>> several versions of 60 popular open source libraries.
>> Any bugs or feature requests are welcome. Thanks.
>>
> WOW. Can you, please, share the setup of the tracker ?

The tool itself is very young and is not well documented yet. Although
the first version has been recently released under dual GNU GPL and LGPL
licenses:
http://ispras.linuxfoundation.org/index.php/Upstream_Tracker
We are not recommended to use this version of the tool by yourself. Very
soon we will release 1.1 version containing a lot of bug fixes and new
features.

> It would be amazingly interesting if you added FreeBSD base system
> libraries to the tracker.

Provide, please, the list of necessary libraries.

--
Andrey Ponomarenko

Linux Verification Center, ISPRAS
 web:    http://www.linuxtesting.org