OpenJDK6 not building

Damian Gerow dgerow at afflictions.org
Wed May 19 20:50:12 UTC 2010

Stacy Millions wrote:
: On 05/19/10 01:15, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
:
: > java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
: > 	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
: > 	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:310)
:
: I have seen that before... Have you enabled IPv6 support? Have you set
: the system property java.net.preferIPv4Stack=true? Perhaps setting the
: environment variable JAVAVM_OPTS thusly will help
: JAVAVM_OPTS="-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true"

There are no AAAA records for jaxp.dev.java.net, so preferring v4 won't help
much.

Rebuilding ant doesn't fix it, either.  Same goes for downloading the file
manually and dropping it in place, and trying to resume the build -- it just
fails on the download again.

As it's an HTTPS URL, I also tried building without the Unlimited Strength
Policy Files, but that also had no effect.