xfce4/xorg problem amd64

Richard Kuhns rjk at wintek.com
Wed May 19 14:56:47 UTC 2010

On 05/19/10 10:46, Warren Block wrote:
> On Wed, 19 May 2010, Sandra Kachelmann wrote:
>
>> Since the xorg update my xfce4 desktop has become unusable. I always
>> get the error message below. I even setup FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE from
>> scratch, updated to 8.0-STABLE, installed xorg and xfce4 with default
>> settings:
>> So now everything should be completely vanilla:
>> xfdesktop[7480]: starting up
>> process 7466: arguments to dbus_message_new_signal() were incorrect,
>> assertion "_dbus_check_is_valid_path (path)" failed in file
>> dbus-message.c line 1165.
>> This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
>>  D-Bus not compiled with backtrace support so unable to print a backtrace
>> Abort trap (core dumped)
>
> If you can live without the features of xfce4-session, deinstalling it
> should allow xfce to run.
>
> There's another approach that may work for you here:
>    http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2010-May/061097.html

I'm afraid after logging in/out several more times, the sleep before starting
xfce4-session only seems to help about 50% of the time :-(. I finally ended up
moving xfce4-session out of the way.

--
Richard Kuhns <rjk at wintek.com>     My Desk:          765-269-8541
Wintek Corporation                 Internet Support: 765-269-8503