ccache 3.0 port

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at gmail.com
Tue May 11 00:49:44 UTC 2010

As a disclaimer, I don't have much experience maintaining ports. I've
altered a few for my own personal use, but never delved too deeply
into the "official" details of it all.

I have been working with the upstream maintainer of ccache to solve an
issue related to ccache and buildworld on amd64. I have built ports on
my local machine(s) to use his latest releases (3.0pre0 and 3.0pre1).
I would like to create an official port for the newer version once
this fix is in place, but I'm running into complaints from portlint
that I'm not sure how to address.

I am eager to learn and I'm happy to dedicate the time to put this
together, if someone doesn't mind offering advice on getting it to
pass portlint's critical eye.

The upstream download is available here: http://samba.org/ftp/ccache/
My (current) port is available for inspection and feedback here:
http://zelut.org/projects/misc/ccache-3.0pre1-port.tar.gz

It is based primarily on the current (v2.4) ccache port, minus the
patches (which don't seem to be needed). I haven't updated the
Maintainer information or any other details so far.

Looking forward to feedback,

--
Christer Edwards