After horde 3.3.6_1 upgrade with php 5.3.2 - PHP deprecated - assigning the return value of new by reference

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 7 21:09:05 UTC 2010

Le Mer 28 avr 10 à 14:40:57 +0200, Troy <troy at twisted.net>
 écrivait :
> Hi Matthew,

Hello,

> That fixed the timezone problem but all those errors are all over the
> pages when you try and login.  Eventually it stops working altogether.
>
> Thierry is the port maintainer and copied on this E-mail.  I can't
> imagine I'm the only one with this issue because clearly PHP 5.3.2 has a
> problem with the 'new' value which is used all over the horde
> framework.  Thierry -- have you had anyone else bring this to you?

Sorry for the delay: I released the maintainership of these ports 4
years ago, and lost the address @thomas.as!

Anyway, I'm running Horde (with IMP, Turba, etc.) with php5-5.3.2: there
is a lot of lines
PHP Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is
deprecated in...
in httpd-error.log, but this is just a warning, and the applications are
fully usuable.

Best regards,
--
Th. Thomas.