multimedia/libdvdnav building libdvdnav.so.4.0

Sean C. Farley scf at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 5 17:40:20 UTC 2010

I noticed while building some packages within a jail that
multimedia/libdvdnav will build libdvdnav.so.4.0 instead of the desired
libdvdnav.so.4 if it has all its dependencies.  However, if I also
install devel/automake19 then it is built with the correct name.

How does this change libdvdnav's configuration if the port lists
devel/automake16 as its dependency?  The build should not notice if
devel/automake19 is install or not.  Yes?

During the configuration stage, the difference appears to be that
without devel/automake19 installed, the compiler is detected as "ANSI C"
as opposed to "ISO C89".

Sean
--
scf at FreeBSD.org