Latest squid update

Bob Eager rde at tavi.co.uk
Mon May 3 19:48:54 UTC 2010

On 3 May 2010 18:30:38 -0000
tmseck-lists at netcologne.de (Thomas-Martin Seck) wrote:

>  Since Squid 2.7/3.0 cannot separate cache and
> log dir (they are subdirectories of the "localstatedir") I could
> not intelligently separate logs from caches without major hackery.

Sorry - I'm a but late to this discussion, having only recently joined
the list.

What exactly can't be separated? I run squid on a machine where the
cache is in /cache (separate file system mounted on that) and the logs
are in /var/log/squid. That's how I configured it in squid.conf.

What am I missing?