GSoC: Making ports work with clang

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Mon May 3 11:15:38 UTC 2010

Dimitry Andric wrote:
> On 2010-05-03 12:38, "C. Bergström" wrote:
>
>> What's really the goal here?  What problem are you working to solve?
>> May I humbly say that building software with a different compiler in
>> itself doesn't really accomplish anything.
>>

> Of course it does.  It forces you to make your software portable.

and your point is?

Are you trying to say that s/building/porting/ between compilers is
going to magically make the software (have less bugs, more performance
or better robustness)  Porting could be a means-to-an-end, but still
it's not an end goal.. I'm digging at what's the end goal.. After it's
all ported what magically happens?