Apache 22 - FreeBSD 8.0 - (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 11

Helmut Schneider jumper99 at gmx.de
Mon May 3 10:49:44 UTC 2010

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2010-April/thread.html#215757
> > > I'm have updated and recompiled all ports. The logs
> > > /var/log/messages and the httpd error log both just report
> > > "exited on signal 11" or "Segmentation fault (11)"
> > >
> > > Any hints?
> >
> > Find the .core file, start gdb with the core file, type "bt", post
> > the output.
>
> Sorry, I should have mentioned that I can't find any core files.
> "find / -name '*.core'" returns nothing.

I guess one can assume that

- you already checked RAM with memtest or so.
- you already check your hard drive (you mentiened you fsck'ed your
hard drive and found errors that wer corrected)
- you are running one or more perl apps within apache?