FreeBSD Port: firefox-3.6.3, 1 (trying to load certain pages causes the browser to hang then crash)

Gary Jennejohn gljennjohn at googlemail.com
Sun May 2 10:23:14 UTC 2010

On Sat, 1 May 2010 22:30:47 -0300
Joey Mingrone <joey at mingrone.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This behaviour is consistent for the same pages.  For example,
> reader.google.com will never load.  I can load pages with https:// so
> I'm not sure if this is related to the problem I've seen in gnats.
> This is on a box running 8.0-RELEASE-p2.  Here is what /etc/make.conf
> looks like:
>
> CUPS_OVERWRITE_BASE=YES
> NO_SENDMAIL=true
> OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=f10
> OVERRIDE_LINUX_NONBASE_PORTS=f10
> PERL_VERSION=5.10.1
> WITH_CUPS=YES
> WITH_GECKO=libxul
> WITHOUT_LPR=YES

I can load reader.google.com without a problem.  Note that I do not
have any WITH_GECKO in my make.conf.  Can't say whether that is the
issue.

However, if you mean by "will never load", that you keep getting sent
back to the log-in page, then I do see that if I have my local caching
proxy server (wwwoffle) enabled.  Turning it off allows me to log in.

--
Gary Jennejohn