[BROKEN] ports/misc/rfc with -i flag

jhell jhell at DataIX.net
Wed Mar 31 11:57:49 UTC 2010

Whenever I use rfc -i to update the index I am getting this:

Modem users one moment, it's about 400k (doesn't need to be updated often)
original lines  = 22143 /usr/local/etc/rfc-index
new lines       = 7     /usr/local/etc/rfc-index

With the contents of:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /in-notes/rfc-index.txt on this
server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This follows through to every server I have it try to connect to.

Could they be possibly blocking by referer or only excepting specific
referers ?

Is there anything you can suggest changing in the script for the meantime
to resolve this error ?.

rfc-index is able to be fetched by methods of fetch(1) and wget(1) on
FreeBSD so this seems to be specific to rfc(1)

While this is busted I just replaced the rfc(1) -i with wget(1) in a
crontab to update it once a month until this is fixed.

Thanks,

PS: Other tool suggestions are perfectly welcome. I would be interested to
hear what everyones using for these purposes.

--

  jhell