[ HEADS UP ] Ports unstable for the next 10 days

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 29 19:32:39 UTC 2010

On 03/29/10 12:21, Adam Vande More wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org
> <mailto:dougb at freebsd.org>> wrote:
>
>     Right, that will work, but the * isn't necessary. Portmaster will strip
>     it internally in any case.
>

> Those type of examples in the man pages and UPDATING have never worked
> for me in tcsh, I've always had to glob it like Garret stated.

I'm sorry to repeat myself, but what you're describing is a result of
the fact that in the past the glob code for the -r option was broken. As
of version 2.20 it is no longer broken, and the * is not necessary
(although it won't hurt anything).

hope this helps,

Doug

			-- Propellerheads