ntfsprogs

Samuel Martín Moro faust64 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 09:41:10 UTC 2010

Hi

So, I tested ntfsresize (not everything, but mainly)
It seems to work.
As I though, it uses the functions I patched for mkntfs, in order to get
device geometry.

I have that USB key, 4Gb.
fdisk (linux, I use the freebsd one for scripting, but, honestly, linux one
is way easier to use), to create a NTFS primary partition on the whole
device.
Back to BSD, mkntfs -f /dev/da1s1
Now, ntfsresize /dev/da1s1 -s 3G

It seems to work, but I didn't search that much for clues...
To be sure, I'ld like to change the partition table, but I'ld need to know
exactly where to end/start my new partitions. Not in the mood for that kind
of maths.

Anyway, an other way to test was to create two partitions, format the first
one, then delete the second partition and expand the first one to the whole
drive, and run ntfsresize.
And well, it worked. I had my first partition of 1Gb, working fine, and then
I resized it to 4Gb, without any kind of troubles.

I still didn't look at the $UpCase problem.
I may do it quickly.

Cheers,

Samuel Martín Moro
{EPITECH.} tek4