ntfsprogs

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Thu Mar 18 14:17:20 UTC 2010

As you are working on ntfsprogs, are you able to use ntfsresize at all?

For me, ntfsresize never worked in ntfsprogs-2.0.0, but it did in
ntfsprogs-1.13.1. We had a discussion about ntfsprogs on
freebsd-questions almost a year ago:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2009-April/thread.html#196207

I still do not know more than I stated in there:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2009-April/196252.html

I still would like to create an ports/ntfsprogs1 (back)port to get
ntfsprogs-1.13.1 back. Unfortunately, I have not had time to do this
since then.

Maybe you want to check yourself, if 1.13.1 gives less problems than
2.0.0...

Although ntfsprogs is not maintained anymore, mkntfs and ntfsresize are
still useful -- thus picking the best last release and fixing that on
current FreeBSD may be worse it.

Cheers,
Jan Henrik