Java For Firefox

Achilleas Mantzios achill at matrix.gatewaynet.com
Thu Mar 18 08:19:50 UTC 2010

I think generally this is a problem for people who have to support old apps with applets
(i am one of them).
But nowadays, javascript can do many of the things java was used to achieve.
(and its not so ugly once you get to learn it)

Στις Wednesday 17 March 2010 20:57:59 ο/η Jason Garrett έγραψε:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 09:15, Programmer In Training
> <pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us> wrote:
> > I don't know if I should also cc the maintainer for FF3.6, but I'm
> > posting here. Hopefully they'll see it.
> >
> > When will we have an updated Java for use in Firefox 3.6? I guess I
> > could downgrade back to 3.5 if absolutely necessary, but I'd rather not.
> > Though I imagine an upgraded java would mean I would have to recompile
> > OOo, too. ):
> > --
> > Yours In Christ,
> >
> > PIT
> > Emails are not formal business letters, whatever businesses may want.
> > Original content copyright under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org
> > Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscribed.
> >

> I am also interested. I believe that sun's java is up to Update 18 for
> 1.6. Port shows Update 3.
>
> Also CC'ing freebsd-java into this. I don't do much code, but I am
> willing to do everything I can to help out.

Achilleas Mantzios