[Call for Testing] X.org 7.5 for FreeBSD

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 19:14:50 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 5:32 AM, Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:09 PM, Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Something else that I recently got reminded of. XFCE4 uses a lot of
>> the compositing effects in the window manager. Have you tried
>> disabling them in xorg.conf and restart the X session?
>>

> I tried disabling a few load lines in xorg.conf:
>        #Load  "glx"
>        #Load  "dri"
>        #Load  "dri2"
> Is that the correct way to do it?
>
> Anyway, it didn't make a difference - xfce4-session still crashes when doing
> 'startxfce4'.

Actually it's:

Section "Screen"
# ...
      Option "AllowGLXWithComposite" "false"
      Option "RenderAccel" "false"
# ...

Section "Extensions"
# ...
      Option "Composite" "disable"
      Option "AllowGLXWithComposite" "false"
# ...

    But getting back to basics, maybe you should try starting up X
with twm to see whether or not the whole setup is broken. Then you'll
be able to run glxgears and some xfce4 apps to determine whether or
not opengl is broken or xfce4 is busted somewhere along the way.
HTH,
-Garrett