FreeBSD Port: freenx-0.6.0_2

Joey Mingrone joey at mingrone.org
Fri Mar 12 13:05:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

I installed the nxserver and freenx ports on FreeBSD 8.0, but I'm
having the problem that any changes I make in
/usr/local/NX/etc/nxserver/node.conf are ignored.

Here are more details:

After installing the ports and running nxsetup --install (output
below), the setup fails because sshd is running on a port other than
22.  When I specify this port in /usr/local/NX/etc/nxserver/node.conf
the same error occurs, but when I hard code the port in the
/usr/local/NX/bin/nxsetup the install works.

If I can provide further details please let me know.

Cheers,

Joey Mingrone

Mar 12 09:00:59 gly sudo:     joey : TTY=pts/3 ;
PWD=/usr/local/NX/etc/nxserver ; USER=root ;
COMMAND=/usr/local/NX/bin/nxsetup --install
------> It is recommended that you use the NoMachine key for
        easier setup. If you answer "y", FreeNX creates a custom
        KeyPair and expects you to setup your clients manually.
        "N" is default and uses the NoMachine key for installation.

 Do you want to use your own custom KeyPair? [y/N]
Setting up /usr/local/NX/etc ...done
Setting up /usr/local/NX/var/db ...done
Setting up /var/log/nxserver.log ...done
Setting up known_hosts and authorized_keys2 ...Setting up permissions ...done

----> Testing your nxserver configuration ...
Warning: Invalid value "DEFAULT_X_SESSION=/etc/X11/xdm/Xsession"
         Users might not be able to request a default X session.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_START_KDE=startkde"
         Users will not be able to request a KDE session.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_START_CDE=cdwm"
         Users will not be able to request a CDE session.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_SMBMOUNT=smbmount". You'll not be able
to use SAMBA.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_SMBUMOUNT=smbumount". You'll not be
able to use SAMBA.

  Warnings occured during config check.
  To enable these features please correct the configuration file.

<---- done

----> Testing your nxserver connection ...
expect: spawn id exp4 not open
    while executing
"expect -nobrace {Are you sure you want to continue connecting
(yes/no)?} { send "yes\r" } {Permission denied*} { exit 1 } {HELLO
NXSERVER - Version*} ..."
    invoked from within
"expect {
                        "Are you sure you want to continue connecting
(yes/no)?" { send "yes\r" }
                        "Permission denied*" { exit 1 }
                        "HELLO NXSERVER - Version*..."
    invoked from within
"if { "$auth_method"=="test-nx" } {
        set stty_init "raw icrnl -echo"

        set publickey ""
        catch {set publickey $env(NODE_PUBLICKEY)}

        set pid [spawn -..."
    (file "/usr/local/NX/bin/nxnode-login" line 30)
ssh: connect to host 127.0.0.1 port 22: Connection refused
Fatal error: Could not connect to NX Server.

Please check your ssh setup:

The following are _examples_ of what you might need to check.

        - Make sure "nx" is one of the AllowUsers in sshd_config.
    (or that the line is outcommented/not there)
        - Make sure your sshd allows public key authentication.
        - Make sure your sshd is really running on port 22.
        - Make sure your sshd_config AuthorizedKeysFile in sshd_config
is set to authorized_keys2.
    (this should be a filename not a pathname+filename)