lang/gcc44 Inconsistant package list. Leftover files.

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Sun Mar 7 17:53:30 UTC 2010

On Sun, 7 Mar 2010, jhell wrote:
> I still have not resolved the issue or found any leading cause after
> scrubbing my ports tree completely and grabbing a new copy. Also
> scrubbed my src.conf make.conf and make.conf.local and ran with and
> without a jail and can still get those files.

So, you are seeing this with a completely virgin ports tree, and a
fresh installation?

I checked http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?portname=gcc44
again and it does not show any error, so _something_ must be different
on your side than what others (including myself) are using.

Do you have any idea what that might be?  Do you have any special
settings regarding the ports collection somewhere?

> So in a final word.  If anyone has any pointers as to what might be
> causing this or other information that I could share it would be greatly
> appreciated if it leads to getting closer to tracking this down,

Yep, absolutely.

Gerald