This construction doesn't work

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Mon Jun 28 22:53:45 UTC 2010

I'm working on a port update for one of the ports that I maintain, and I've run
into a problem that I can't seem to solve.

I use this construction to ensure that the port doesn't overwrite the conf
file, if one exists:

.for f in barnyard2.conf
        ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/etc/${f} ${PREFIX}/etc/${f}-sample
        [ -f ${PREFIX}/etc/${f} ] || \
        ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/etc/${f} ${PREFIX}/etc/${f}
.endfor

But it gets overwritten anyway.  What am I doing wrong?  I thought this worked
before, but I can't be sure.  Testing proves that it does not work now.  I
tried to changing to an if [ ! -f construction, but that didn't do a thing.

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst