nvidia-driver 256.35 released

Michal Varga varga.michal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 17:45:33 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 01:09 +0000, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> Sure, I will take care of plist issues upon the upgrade.  What is more
> important right now is driver stability issues people had been having.
> I must rely on other people testing since I was not able to reproduce
> most of them in my local environment.
>
> ./danfe

Well, I can't comment on the stability issues as I didn't have any, but
if it helps, just a quick success report to the pool:

Latest 7.3-STABLE, i386, 256.35 on GeForce GT240:
Tested pretty much everything from native OpenGL, through linuxulated
games (Quake 4, ET), vdpau acceleration, DirectX-to-OpenGL translated
Windows games through Wine, and finally some native Windows OpenGL
through VirtualBox (whose current OpenGL implementation is pretty flaky
on its own anyway), and so far, everything seems to be working rock
solid, here and there with some minor performance increases.

Could have been much worse, I guess.

m.

--
Michal Varga,