Who to bug to commit some ports?

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 22 12:19:52 UTC 2010

> I recently submitted some PRs for updates and new ports and would
> like to know whom to ask for them to be committed. Yes, I know, I can
> try to bug some ports committers using e-mail 8-), but if possible,
> I would like to avoid this 8-)

> It's approx. 8 days later, and the ports are still not committed.

> I'm aware there's something like a ports freeze (not a full freeze,
> only a 'major upgrade freeze'. What are my options ?

In the Porter's Handbook documentation it advises that review/acceptance
of new ports can take anywhere from a few days to two months. It may
seem like a long time, but the Port people do have a lot of these
requests to go through. We should probably just sit tight and wait. I'm
sure they'll get through them all sooner or later.