LICENSE questions

Charlie Kester corky1951 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 15 00:07:53 UTC 2010

This LICENSE stuff is beginning to look more complex than it seemed at
first.

 From this thread I gather that maintainers are going to have to do a bit
more than simply check a box.  Here, for example, we see some well-known
licenses that don't readily identify themselves as such.  How can a
maintainer be sure that he's looking at the ISC license as opposed to
some custom license that only resembles it in some details?

Is anyone working on adding some instructions to the Porter's Handbook?