LICENSE questions

Ashish SHUKLA ashish at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 14 15:29:30 UTC 2010

Doug Barton writes:

[...]

> Then there is security/libassuan which seems to be dual licensed under
> GPLv3 and LGPLv2, did we ever decide how to handle that?

In one of the dual-licensed port's Makefile, I added:
#v+
LICENSE=  GPLv3 LGPL3
LICENSE_FILE_GPLv3=     ${WRKSRC}/COPYING
LICENSE_FILE_LGPL3=     ${WRKSRC}/COPYING.LESSER
#v-

and this resulted in following files:

,----[ LICENSE
| This package has dual licenses (any of):
| - GPLv3 (GNU General Public License version 3)
| - LGPL3 (GNU Lesser General Public License version 3)
`----

and COPYING and COPYING.LESSER containing GPLv3 and LGPL3 license texts.

HTH
Ashish SHUKLA
--
Sent via Gnus from GNU Emacs

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety.
  -- Benjamin Franklin, Memoirs of the life and writings of Benjamin Franklin