security/gorilla outdated

Charlie Kester corky1951 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 12 21:48:39 UTC 2010

On Sat 12 Jun 2010 at 12:14:03 PDT Mark Linimon wrote:
>On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 05:32:10PM +0000, Terry Poulin wrote:
>> Just noticed that they moved to github
>> <http://github.com/zdia/gorilla> and the current version is 1.5.3,
>> rather than the 1.4.4 version in the ports tree.  I don't use the
>> program, but thought it best to make a note of it here; cheers.
>
>It's unmaintained, so unless someone sends a PR updating it, it will
>probably stay outdated :-)

The same is true for many other ports, as you can see in this list on
the portscout website:

http://www.portscout.org/ports@freebsd.org.html

This is a list of all unmaintained ports.  The lines highlighted in
yellow are the ones where the port is known to be out-of-date.

There might also be some others where portscout didn't detect the
availability of a newer version.

Here's another list, this time listing ports by maintainer:

http://www.portscout.org/index-total.html

When I checked this just now, there were 4872 unmaintained ports, of
which 314 (6.44%) were known to be out-of-date.

According to http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html there are currently
21869 ports in the ports collection.

Doing a little math, that means that 22.3% of all ports are
unmaintained, but only 1.4% are both unmaintained and out-of-date.

Just thought I'd add a little perspective to Mark's reply.  :)