amavisd-new does not compile because of db42

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 11 07:47:03 UTC 2010

> ===>    Running ldconfig
> /sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib
> ===>    Registering installation for db42-4.2.52_5
> ===>    Returning to build of amavisd-new-2.6.4_6,1
> Error: shared library "db-4.2.2" does not exist
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/security/amavisd-new.
> *** Error code 1

It seems that it cannot find the library but amavisd-new uses the
USE_BDB know from bsd.databases.mk just like quite a bunch of other
ports, so the dependency definition is obviously correct. I don't know
what causes this error and I haven't got any more PRs from other users.
Soon, I'll bump the required version again because after the last change
I got some mails that say newer versions operate even better with
amavisd-new. I'll just talk to the developer to see, which version would
be the optimal one or we can just pull in the latest bdb version. I'd
say let's wait for that update and hopefully that will also solve your
problem.

--
Gabor Kovesdan
FreeBSD Volunteer