Torrentflux and Zabbix Apache Include files??

Kaya Saman SamanKaya at netscape.net
Sun Jun 6 14:20:21 UTC 2010

On 06/06/2010 02:50 PM, Kaya Saman wrote:
> [...]
> any problem.
>
> My issue for both of these ports is that I'm in need of configuring
> Apache Include config files for them but having no luck in doing so.....
>
> I'm not really used to the native BSD Apache config as with Linux the
> httpd.conf or apache2.conf file is very different (similar to case to
> Bind9 too).
>
> Anyhow, I decided to use my standard Linux config file:
>
> Alias /torrentflux /opt/torrentflux
>
> <Directory /opt/torrentflux>
>   Options FollowSymLinks
>   AllowOverride Limit
> <IfModule mod_dir.c>
>     DirectoryIndex index.php
> </IfModule>
> </Directory>
>
> of which kept spitting out "Permission Denied" errors??
>
> On first glimpse one can already see that the alias and Directory
> statements don't point to the port!! The ports path is
> /usr/local/www/data/tf. I have tried pointing it to the port but also
> get the same error??
>
> The instance of Torrentflux in /opt is a migrated one from Linux. This
> is in the Apache error log file:
>
> [Sun Jun 06 14:41:07 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.110] client
> denied by server configuration: /opt/torrentflux/
>
> it doesn't really explain much at all...... apart from the client
> 192.168.1.110 which is a reverse proxy using Squid.
>
> I attempted to modify the file as I found a working Include file for
> use with Drupal5 which I also have on the system. So the modification
> is like so:
>
> Alias /torrentflux /opt
>
> DocumentRoot "/opt"
>
> <Directory /opt>
>   Options FollowSymLinks
>   AllowOverride Limit
>
> #    AllowOverride None
>
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
>
> # <IfModule mod_dir.c>
> #    DirectoryIndex index.php
> # </IfModule>
> </Directory>
>
> <IfModule php5_module>
>     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>     AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
> <IfModule dir_module>
> <IfModule mod_dir.c>
>             DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
> </IfModule>
> </IfModule>
> </IfModule>
> #</Directory>
>

> Oh clump!!! Which I've just modded to /opt/torrentflux for the Alias
> and the same for the <Directory> directive too.... I can't believe I
> missed that :-O
>
> It works now finally but is asking for a MySQL database instance which
> is easy!!! Few.....
>
> Now for Zabbix as I haven't got anywhere that actually gives the
> Apache config?
>
> I downloaded the PDF manual for it which doesn't actually even tell
> you which URL to go for the main page so how do I get that info or
> will I need to hack this one out like Torrentflux??

Ok so for Zabbix I managed to find a site that was for configuring under
CentOS:

http://www.muck.net/?p=16

Now the key here is that the www dir of Zabbix points to
/var/www/html/zabbix/conf

which is very unlike the BSD port....

So as I already have a patched together Torrenflux config we just cp the
config file for Torrentflux to Zabbix and edit the file as so:

Alias /zabbix /usr/local/share/zabbix/php

DocumentRoot "/usr/local"

<Directory /usr/local/share/zabbix/php>
   Options FollowSymLinks
   AllowOverride Limit

#    AllowOverride None

     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all

# <IfModule mod_dir.c>
#    DirectoryIndex index.php
# </IfModule>
</Directory>

<IfModule php5_module>
     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
<IfModule dir_module>
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
             DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
</IfModule>
</IfModule>
</IfModule>
#</Directory>

This fudge now actually works so onto setting the Zabbix process up
which like Torrentflux should be relatively easy and straight forward.

The only thing I don't get with FreeBSD ports is why there aren't
template files for doing things like this, as people like me with not
much experience in the FreeBSD world have to really struggle.

I guess one could say the same about Solaris which doesn't give you ANY
config for some software such as Bind which means you need to either
grab an 'already configured' version from Linux or build the config
files up from scratch which is pretty time consuming!!

I mean coming off of two weeks of severe fatigue it's taken me 2 days to
configure:

Net-SNMP
Cacti
Torrentflux
Squid in Jail
Zabbix
A radio station comprising of Darkice, Icecast2, Drupal5 and xmms2 as
the base audio core
Logwatch on 2 servers
Munin

and a bunch of other stuff that I can't recall now which I'm thinking if
I was work I'd have to have done that in half a day as I already got
pushed when took a day to configure MS Hyper-V after never hearing about
the software before...??

I don't know.... it is fun; lot's of fun when have the time but if
configuring for business grade production then I just feel that there
should be slightly more help in the files with templates and examples
etc.... - highly debatable of course and apologies if I sound like I'm
whining I honestly really enjoyed myself doing all this and what made it
more fun is that the systems that I did the work on are geographically
separated from myself which just shows the power of UNIX and SSH over MS
Win and RDP which to me is only for Sun Ray's and nothing more :-) .

Well anyway this seems all done now so yeah that's it :-D

Regards,

Kaya