FreeBSD Port: squeezeboxserver-7.5.0_1

Mark mark at lightflowinterrupted.com
Sat Jun 5 21:11:02 UTC 2010

Hi,
I've been using this port for some years to power my Squeezebox devices
- thanks for keeping it up to date.

However, the latest update has killed my installation totally - first it
would not scan my music, and after upgrading perl & perl module ports I
can no longer start the squeezebox server at all:

odin# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/squeezeboxserver start
Starting squeezeboxserver.
The following modules failed to load: YAML::Syck

*******

NOTE:

Please use the buildme.sh script located here:
http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/slim/7.5/trunk/vendor/CPAN/

If 7.5 is outdated by the time you read this, Replace "7.5" with the
major version
of Squeezebox Server you are running.

*******

Exiting..

I'm running the latest 5.8 perl from the ports, and seem to be able to
load modules from the command line:

odin# perl
use YAML::Syck

Any idea how I should investigate this?  I've tried downloading various
versions of the server from slimdevices.com, but to no avail.  It either
won't run at all, or won't scan any music with DBI:: errors.  I did
notice the port is not downloading the FreeBSD-specific tarball from
slimdevices (it uses the NOCPAN one).

I appreciate you're not a helpdesk, but I'm not sure where else to go
with this - none of the slimdevices forums seem to have much FreeBSD
stuff on them.  If there's a list that might help, I'd be grateful if
you could point me to it.

Regards,
Mark